Geaorgesons Estate Agents
Tel: (Wick) 01955 602222
(Tain) 01862 892555
Viewing out of hours?
Text property details to 07730 129900
Property Search





Search Text

Search By Map

An Interactive map showing all of our properties
Clicking on any For Sale sign brings up brief details and if you want, you can then click to see the particulars and video.

Location Map

Georgesons Estate Agents Video

Bruce's Property News
Georgesons Solicitors

Georgesons Estate Agents
22 Bridge Street
Wick KW1 4NG
T: 01955 602222
F: 01955 603016

22 High Street
IV19 1AE
T: 01862 892555
F: 01862 894861

Landlord Registration

By 30th April 2006, landlords letting properties in Scotland should either be registered or have submitted a valid application for registration.   It will be an offence to let a property, (unless the property is exempt under the legislation) after this date without having either been registered or having submitted a valid application for registration.
The aim of the landlord registration scheme is to ensure that all private landlords are `fit and proper’ to be letting residential property.  The requirement will help local authorities to remove disreputable landlords from the market and to protect tenants and their neighbours from the impact of anti social behaviour and mismanaged property in the wider community.
Registration will be required for private landlords letting residential property in Scotland, unless all the houses they let are covered by one or more of the exemptions.   Letting part of the home is exempt (i.e. resident landlords) as is a house let to the tenant of an agricultural holding or croft.  There are some other minor exemptions, including holiday homes or letting to members of the landlords own family.
Landlords and Agents can register on-line by visiting:  

There is a 10% discount on the registration fee and on the property fee for on-line applications. 
Alternatively paper application forms will be available from all Highland Council Service Points or can be requested by contacting: 
Licensing Officer
The Highland Council
Ross and Cromarty Area
High Street
IV15 9QN
Tel: (01349) 868525
  FREE (01349) 868525 


Or download a copy from

Landlords who are holders of a House in Multiple Occupation Licence do not need to register as they will be passported into the system.  However their agents will need to be registered if their details were not included in the landlord’s HMO application.
For further information in relation to the registration scheme please contact the above or visit the following website:


PRS - Property Redress Scheme Build 20202 Real Estate & Property Awards LAS - Landlord Accreditation Scotland - Accredited Letting Agent naea propertymark - protected

We advertise on many internet portals
Mail OnlineYour Home Prime Location

s1homes Find A PropertyZoopla

Website by Digital Routes Ltd
© Georgesons Estate Agents